Sunday, March 20, 2011

I have two tattoos on the underside of my left forearm, both of which have an awesome meaning for me.

A few months prior to the release of Minutes to Midnight, I decided to have the new LP logo inked on my arm. However, in August of 2007 I was thrilled to be selected for a Meet and Greet for Projekt Revolution in Toronto, Ontario (this was also the first time I got to see Linkin Park in concert). I excitedly waited in line, commiserating with my fellow LP fans. Finally, the time came and I approached the table.

The first person to greet us was Phoenix, who made a comment about the Plaqued picture of the band that I had done a few months prior. I nervously greeted each member - I can barely remember what I said, I was so awestruck.

Chester was near the other end of the table and I had planned to ask him to sign my arm. I was so incredibly nervous that I was afraid I'd chicken out. When I was finally in front of him I said hello and in a rush, thrust my arm at him and said, "Chesterwouldyoupleasesignmyarm?" He laughed, which is really all I remember.

I rushed back down to the pit, where my husband was waiting for me, and screamed, "CHESTER SIGNED MY ARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I pulled my wrist band over it to protect it and the next day I had his signature made permanent.

For me it's a symbol of an awesome memory, because whenever I look at the tatoo, I get to recall the day I got to see my favourite band and meet them too :)

Name: Annie Wallach
Email: persephone.sky@gmail.com

0 comments:

 
Chester Birthday Projekt 2013 Diseñado por Wpdesigner y adaptado por Zona Cerebral. Distributed by Deluxe Templates